by Ronald Harwood
Directed by James E. Wadsworth
- Norman - Geoffrey Pratt
- Her Ladyship - JoanWaterworth
- Madge - Heather Jamison
- Sir - Peter Edwards
- Irene - Joanne Whitaker
- Geoffrey Thornton - Tom Gillespie
- Mr Oxenby - Clifford Spencer
- Knight 1 - Martin Chadwick
- Knight 2 - AlasdairJamison
ACT 1: - Before curtain up
ACT 2: - After curtain up
There will be an interval between acts
The time is January, 1942. A theatre in the English provinces.
"The Dresser" was first performed at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester, in 1980.
Set Design/Decor — James E Wadsworth
Set Construction — Roy Forrest & Team
Stage Manager – Martin Chadwick
Asst Stage Manager - Mark Storton
Properties – Wendy Bennett, Phillipa Cope
Costume - Christine Bridges
Sound - Andrew Bean
Lighting - Huw David
Photography - Alan Marsden
House Manager - Patricia Chadwick
Our grateful thanks to:-
- Mr Jack Smethurst for his valuable advice and the loan of technical material.
- Mr Barton, District Superintendent of Physiotherapy, Burnley General Hospital, for the loan of display boards.
On Friday, March 9th at 7.30p.m. there will be a Workshop at the Haggate premises. In order to thrive, every society needs new ideas and new people, so please come along.
In every society there are also regular jobs that need to be done. If you would like to get involved we are always in need of poster deliverers, trainee stage managers, lighting technicians, property staff, front of house … and so on!
Please contact a member of the committee if you would like to take a greater part.